Vermicompost – Understanding Process
- Ingredient Agriculture Waste
- A wide range of agricultural residues – such as straw, husk, leaves, stalks, weeds etc can be converted into vermicompost.
- Ingredient Household Waste
- Other potential feedstock for vermicompost production are livestock wastes, poultry litter, dairy wastes, food processing wastes, organic fraction of MSW, bagasse, digestate from biogas plantsetc.
- Ingredient Animal Dung
- Cow & Buffalo Dung is mixed to the Agriculture & Household Waste to initiate the Vermi Process
- Vermi Process
- Earthworms consume organic wastes and reduce the volume by 40–60 percent.
- Each earthworm weighs about 0.5 to 0.6 gram, eats waste equivalent to its body weight and produces cast equivalent to about 50 percent of the waste it consumes in a day.
- Process Management
- The moisture content of castings ranges between 32 and 66 percent and the pH is around 7.
- Quality of Output
- The level of nutrients in compost depends upon the source of the raw material and the species of earthworm.
Scroll To Top
Start typing to see products you are looking for.